Zupply strives to developed a privacy culture within the organisation by promoting sound privacy practices, procedures and systems for the management of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
‘Personal information’ is defined in the Act to mean any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Collection and Storage of Personal Information
Where possible, Zupply collects your personal information directly from you during the course of your relationship with Zupply. Where it is not practicable or reasonable to collect your personal information directly from you, Zupply may collect it from other sources. Zupply usually collects and holds the following kinds of personal information about a person:
- contact details including phone number, email address, home address and billing address;
- information about a person’s dealings with Zupply or Zupply’s customers and suppliers;
- payment details; and
- other personal information that Zupply collects in the course of a transaction or dealing with a person or that a person otherwise provides Zupply.
How Zupply Will Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
Zupply uses your personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing Zupply’s services to you;
- Facilitating contact between Provider(s) and you regarding any Application(s) you have made via the Site (see details and definition below);
- Developing Zupply’s services;
- Zupply’s internal management needs;
- Zupply’s marketing activities (e.g. newsletters, emails, push notifications and SMS);
- Zupply’s commercial activities (including monetising data from Zupply’s collection of personal information);
- Responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to Zupply;
- Any other purpose you have consented to;
- Any use which is required or authorised by law; and
- For coaching and staff training purposes.
If you decide to complete an online form maintained by or on behalf of Zupply, the personal information that you enter into the online form will be collected and may be used by Zupply as detailed above.
Zupply may disclose your personal information to various third parties that provide services to Zupply, including third parties that provide Zupply’s payment gateway, marketing, logistics and technology support services. This may include providing your personal information to third parties that are located outside of Australia.
Zupply may disclose your personal information to various third parties for the following purposes:
- To send you marketing material for Offers Zupply thinks might interest you (whether or not related to your Application);
- For administration purposes (including but not limited to processing any Application; and
- For such other purposes as Zupply shall in its sole discretion determine, including for Zupply’s commercial advantage.
It is a condition of your use of Zupply’s website, www.zupply.com.au, and the Zupply application “Zupply” (together, the Site) that you agree to allow your personal information to be disclosed to Provider(s) and for them to establish contact with you.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, Zupply may disclose your personal information if it is required to do so by law, court order, or as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. Such situations may include: to perform, maintain or enforce contracts with Zupply’s users or suppliers; to protect the rights or property of Zupply, Zupply’s business affiliates, Zupply’s users or others; or when Zupply has reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing, or who may be threatening to cause, interference with or damage to Zupply’s rights or property, whether intentionally or otherwise; or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
Like most websites and applications, there is certain information Zupply automatically tracks, including the URL that you just came from, the browser you are using and your IP address. This data is utilised to improve the services of Zupply and does not include any personal information.
Opting Out of Promotional Information
Zupply works hard to provide its users with the best possible service at all times. From time to time, Zupply will send its users newsletters, updates and other useful information. Zupply hopes that you will find these items informative and useful. However, should you choose to not receive them in the future, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from the marketing database by following the Unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, SMS or push notification.
The accuracy of your personal information is important to Zupply and is fundamental to providing you with relevant services. Zupply seeks to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date and, in the case of use or disclosure, relevant.
Zupply holds your personal information in a variety of forms including paper-based and electronic files and Zupply takes reasonable measures to protect that information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Zupply have a broad range of security safeguards in place to protect your personal information, including that:
- All electronic databases incorporate strict password access and virus and firewall protection procedures; and
- Physical and logical security measures are employed to deal with external threats and the possibility of internal ones.
You may request access to the personal information Zupply holds about you at any time, by using Zupply’s contact details below. Zupply will acknowledge your request for access and let you know when Zupply will provide you with the requested information. If Zupply refuses access, Zupply will provide you with a written notice which sets out (unless the law allows Zupply not to specify a reason) the reason(s) for the refusal and how you can complain about Zupply’s refusal. Zupply may recover Zupply’s reasonable costs for giving you access to your personal information.
Where Zupply believes that the personal information it holds about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, Zupply will take reasonable steps to correct that information and (if you ask and it is reasonable and practicable for Zupply to do so) to notify that correction to third parties that may have received the incorrect information from Zupply.
If you believe that personal information Zupply holds about you should be corrected, you may request that Zupply correct that information by using Zupply’s contact details below. If Zupply does not agree with the correction(s) you have requested, Zupply is not obliged to alter your personal information. Instead, Zupply will give you a written notice which sets out (unless the law allows Zupply not to specify a reason) the reason(s) for Zupply’s refusal and how you can complain about Zupply’s refusal. You can also ask Zupply to associate a statement with the relevant information that puts your view that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Zupply will not charge you for making a correction request, for correcting your personal information or for associating a statement with your personal information.
Enquiries and Complaints